Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

31 July 2010

8 Bits O' Nevsky - Impulse Control edition

With the arrival of BlazBlue this week and Metroid: Other M already on pre-order from Amazon and due to arrive at the end of August, I'm going to do my best to go the whole month without actually buying anything new. So this blog is about the games I'm going to miss.

* The DS is the go-to unit for old-school RPGs, so all the retro gamers are going nuts over Dragon Quest IX. And this series, somehow, missed me completely, so I'm not really hit with the retro pangs. Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger were already disappointments anyway. Actually, The World Ends With You pretty much killed any tolerance I had for turn-based combat and random encounters by being the single best fucking game on the DS, and maybe this entire console generation.

* Didn't buy Starcraft II. Probably won't. I don't know why I missed both of them, probably because my haphazard computer ownership meant at the time the first one came out I didn't have a machine capable of running it. Even though I really don't desire either game, I do consider not having played them a character flaw...

* The Nintendo 3DS may actually come out this holiday season, but...oh, who the fuck am I kidding? I am SO buying the shit out of that.

No comments: