Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

25 July 2010

8 Bits O' Nevsky - button mashing edition

For someone who really stinks at fighting games, they sure seem to be on my radar...

* Watching that EVO Championship fight inspired me to go back to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and get my online rating up from "Ace" to "Champ" (which I think is like the 8th lowest rank out of about 50 or so). Saying this game is the best fighting game on the Wii is basically saying it's better than Super Smash Bros. Brawl and damning it with faint praise. The game gets my heart racing in a way even the excellent Super Street Fighter IV can't. And although I know there was concern about its accessibility when Capcom released it, the nostalgia factor was a big plus for me, since I'm old enough to remember Battle Of The Planets and relished the possibility of recreating Whirlwind Pyramid...

Of course, the combo is so complex that I managed to pull it off exactly once.

* I've also had enough saved on my Amazon account to pick up BlazBlue: Continuum Shift; which is releasing this week. The only things I know about this game all that the series is well-regarded in the fighting community and that it looks fucking gorgeous. Good enough for me, but I still may invest in the big strategy guide.

* And I never got into the Marvel vs. Capcom series and was on the fence on the new one. But they had me at Amaterasu. So I never really whore my website Amazon links but feel free to click on one between now and next April...

* In fact, with two different Street Fighter/Tekken crossovers coming down in the future, feel free to click twice. I really should find a less expensive and more dignified habit, like meth...

No comments: