Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

31 May 2004

People are actually getting the message in VA...

In an earlier post, I got into a quick discussion with shari about the possibility of Virginia going Democratic in '04. I wasn't optimistic then, but if there was an outside chance, it would be due to the contrast of Mark Warner's excellent performance as governor with former Republican governor Jim Gilmore's horrible, horrible performance.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered a local editoralist eating his words in our rag. Charlottesville is liberal, but the Daily *chuckle* Progress is NOT. (Their motto: "bibble-bibble-bibble")

Seeing this mea culpa is making me hope against hope, but it is nice to see two truths confirmed; the Republicans here are the radicals, and if you want good government, reject the nutty wing of the Republican party.

No comments: