Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

24 May 2004

Corgi-a-doodle-doo...

I understand that with ownership of a pet comes certain responsibilities, and of course, I would never want to deprive Mr. Monty of his morning walkies.

But SIX IN THE MORNING IS TOO FUCKING EARLY.

Fortunately, Monty assails himself of all of his tricks to make sure I'm up by then, some not specific to his breed, like the shaking himself awake, and some breed-specific traits like THE PIERCING BARK.

He's also got odd cat-like qualities. I've often felt someone watching the back of my head as I thrashed in bed, only to turn around and find Monty's corgi face right up in my grill. Aaah. Don't do that...

I will say, however, that with this heatwave it's good to get the walkies done early, I'm already sweating through my shirt by 7. And I've started to walk a little extra in preparation for my participation in next month's Urban Challenge in DC. Stay tuned for exciting details! OK, details.

No comments: