Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

06 May 2004

Look, Kerry may be a dickwad, but he's OUR dickwad...

There have been Daily Kos diaries here and here about how the Kerry campaign is so lackluster and dull that we've got to cut our losses and put someone, anyone else in there. Too late, fellas, Kerry's our guy, sink or swim. I feel for all of you, I really do; I still remain unconvinced that Kerry is the better candidate or will be a better president than Howard Dean. I sure as hell would have liked to see Kerry try to endure a tenth of the shitstorm Dean took from Repubs and fellow Democrats (and does anyone honestly believe that Bill Clinton, a man with a dubious draft record, would have survived the same thing in 2004?), and I think the whole "Kerry won the primaries, therefore he's the best" argument has a lot of holes. Let's face facts, OK? I'm too lazy to Google news articles on primaries, but I seem to remember a lot of articles about Kerry's victories including a poll indicating voters chose him because they thought he could beat Bush. So a lot of voters liked someone else, but they thought others would like Kerry. Ever buy a present you THOUGHT your wife or kid would like that they hated? Just saying, that's all.

And with all the annoying Dean-bashing going on in the Kos diaries YET AGAIN, I'd just like to say that I'm supporting Kerry hard. But since Kerry was picked because Dems thought he could beat Bush, he owes it to the Democrats, hell, he owes it to America, to beat Bush and save us from ourselves. And if he can't do it, it's not on the Deaniacs, or the Naderites, it's on HIM. Now go be fucking electable already; the new ads are a great start.

No comments: