Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

12 May 2004

Wacky corgi antics...

A semi-reoccuring series featuring my corgi, Monty.

CmdrSue and her hubby gave me a thoughtful little graduation gift, a remote-control Mini Cooper, about an inch tall. I was delighted; not only did my mind buzz with the potential for annoying people, I thought Monty would have fun chasing it around and it might actually be a toy he wouldn't rip to shreds in two seconds (after a little practice driving it, of course).

So, I take the car home, put it on the kitchen floor, and Monty, curious little dog that he is, immediately walked up to it. I make the Cooper move a little towards my doggie, and the coward backs up. As I move the car towards him so that he can play with it, Monty backs away and runs out of the kitchen.

So, I felt like a fucking asshole, but fortunately, I got back into Monty's good graces with the help of a delicious Pup-peroni(TM). I'm so grateful to this wonderful product that at considerable expense I brought in jazz vocal combo Manhattan Transfer to sing the Pup-peroni jingle with xylophone accompaniment! Take it away!

"Oh, when you inadvertently scare your corgi with a remote control car,
And you feel like a fucking asshole,
Get back in your dog's good graces with the help of a delicious Pup-peroni(TM),
Youuuuuuuuuuu...ASSHOLE!"

Hmm. Maybe that's why Pup-peroni sales have been going down recently...

No comments: