Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

13 May 2004

Retarded Louisiana legislators redux...

I really can't believe this. My wife and I love New Orleans, it's probably our favorite vacation destination (that or Paris, and I'd throw in Las Vegas), but what the hell's going on in that state. I thought that low-slung pants bill was an obvious example of one nimrod exploiting his position to suit his own personal agenda.

And now I read that this idiotic bill has passed through its committee.

Here's more info:

--
State Representative Derrick Shepherd’s bill would make any violator subject to three eight-hour days of community service and up to a fine of $175.

That means the local teens on the basketball court are going to have to keep their pants up, too.

Shepherd told the New Orleans Times-Picayune, "There's a way to shoot hoops professionally. You don't have to shoot hoops with your pants below your waist."

He thinks the waistline location might even improve their behavior.

"Hopefully, if we pull up their pants," he said, "we can lift their minds while we're at it."
--

Just reading that sends me into Lewis Blackesque convulsions. And I'm the only one that sees...um...racist overtones here?

No comments: