Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

08 May 2004

This summer I'm going to party like it's 199...2.

It's about frickin' time the shit I liked in college came back in "style". Not only does Morrissey (I'm talkin' the Pope of Mope, the Prince of Pout, the Duke of Dour) have a new, long-awaited (by me) disc, he's headlining Lollapalooza (motto: "our music is too boring to make anyone riot!") this year. I'll be there in all my "glory", shoegazing, looking disaffected, and spending $8 for a cup of water. I wonder if my Slowdive tee still fits.

And if that weren't enough, the Pixies are reuniting. And with Kevin Shields finally staying sane enough to write some new songs, I almost feel charmed. Is it too much to ask Matt Johnson to get off his ass and make another The The album? What bands have you been waiting for to cash in on the alternative band comeback "craze"?

No comments: