Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

02 June 2004

Warner for veep?

On my drive to work this morning, our local station did a report on speculation that Mark Warner, our governor, was on the short list for Kerry's veep. My first thought was hey, could do a lot worse. Warner's popular, has been getting a wide range of support, I guess he's technically "Southern", which is good for the ticket-balancing thing, and most importantly, he's now got a track record of cleaning up the mess left by a Republican administration.

But the guy's not that dynamic, I mean, that's what I like about him, his pragmatism is refreshing after Jim Gilmore's ideologically-driven assholery. But we've already got "staid and pragmatic" in Kerry.

Personally, I'd rather have Edwards. He doesn't have Warner's record, but he's got a lot more charm.

No comments: