Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

02 June 2004

I'd rather have the Krispy Kreme back...

My wife, far more in touch with the world around us than yours truly, informed me last week that the buzz going around the neighborhood was that the new building being built about two blocks away was going to house an abortion clinic.

So my first response, naturally, was "Is this going to affect our property value?" Wait a minute. Is that correct? Let me check the Handbook for Liberals...lessee..."Why Won't They Listen?"...no..."Soothing Mantras to Chant When Rush Limbaugh is Playing in the Waiting Room"...ah, here we are, "Pecuniary Motives"...oh, ok, I'm allowed to have them.

So my first response, naturally, was "Is this going to affect our property value?" My wife, a real estate agent, said, "Nope..."

Whew.

"...unless, of course, someone blows the place up."

Eww.

I really don't want anti-abortion nutballs near where I live. My one experience w/them around here was on the way home from work a few years ago, when they were showing a giant fetus picture (that is, a giant picture of a fetus) on a busy intersection. I involuntary closed my eyes for about a second until I realized that was probably a stupid thing to do while driving. When I was a kid, the nutballs used to peacefully hold up signs like "Adoption, not abortion" at the abortion clinic across the street from the library. But nooooooo, now they have to be "in-your-face".

I blame rap music. Why not? Everyone else does.

No comments: