Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

20 April 2004

The slogan says "outwit", not "nitwit"...

For lack of better things to do (like prepare for my dissertation defense next week) I went to the Survivor popularity poll to check out where my favorite player, Alicia, currently stands, just to discover to my horror that the most popular is borderline-psychotic Rupert. Just like Pearl Islands, Rupert was endearing for exactly two episodes, then he once again turned into a petulant child with Lennie-from-Of Mice and Men strength. Alicia, meanwhile, has a score even below that of annoying Kathy. WTF? What exactly is it about Kathy that people find endearing, her sense of entitlement or is it sympathy for the way she got her ass handed to her by Amber?

Though not as bad as Lex, snicker...

BTW, I don't know if people are taking bets, but I'd certainly place a sawbuck on Amber now. The way she managed to save her tush from the tribe switch (with an assist from Rob) was masterful (although it also says a lot about Lex and Kathy's game idiocy). The only danger for her is if enough realize that there's no way they'd win in the jury with her in the final two (and the only person I can see doing this is Rob). She's come a long way from the Outback...

No comments: