Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

26 October 2004

OK kids, let's leave the signs alone...

Unfortunately, the local Dem office said they were out of Kerry/Edwards signs, so I can't replace the one I had stolen (we put a Kerry sticker on our still surviving Al Weed sign). While sauntering w/the doggie, I noticed on our main thoroughfare (a couple of blocks away from my house) the shreds of two Bush/Cheney signs that were torn up and empty spaces on the lawns where they used to be placed. I can't say I was too pleased. I understand that the action sprouted from righteous anger and a desperate desire for justice, as opposed to what happened to us, which came from page 67 of Gestapo Tactics for Dummies, but these sorts of things just don't help. The last thing I want to do is give Bush supporters justifiable reasons for their laughable martyrdom:

"See how hard it is to live in a liberal town? And just this past week my luxury SUV was dented by this homeless guy I hit! Why do bad things always happen to me?"

I'm also, of course, assuming they didn't rip up their own signs, something to which we know Bush supporters have stooped.

But just in case, lay off the signs, people. We'll win because we have the truth on our side.

No comments: