Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

04 November 2008

Sooooooo want to believe it...

Tom Perriello is up 51-49 with 90% of the vote counted; I can't believe Goode won't hold on to his seat, but making him sweat it out was a helluva lot more than anyone had a right to expect...

UPDATE (9:57 PM): According to CNN.com, Tom is up by 800 votes with 94 percent of the vote counted. I believe Charlottesville's votes have already been counted, so I fear this is going to be close but no cigar...

10:15 PM: Up 1100 with 95 percent? Oh, please...

Oh, btw, Warner beats Gilmore 63-36. Don't let this horrific embarrassment discourage you, Jim! Run for governor next year!

10:30 PM: Tom's up by 700 with 96% counted. I agree with my bro's Braveheart reference, HOLD! HOLD!!

And I appreciate how CNN changed the district from red (they had called it for Goode) back to gray. This might not get decided tonight, and probably won't before I head off to bed...

Final update at 11:10 Kos says Tom's still up 500 with 98% of the vote; didn't see confirmation. And now I'm not going to see anything but the insides of my eyelids.

Stayed awake long enough to see history made, though. Congratulations, Barack.

No comments: