Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

28 June 2011

8 Bits O' Nevsky - Shut Up And Take My Money Edition

I've complained in the past that some of the most beautiful and interesting-looking Wii games have yet to be released in the US despite my nerdly cravings. And not unlike Sting's castaway protagonist in "Message In A Bottle", it seems I'm not alone in being alone. Operation Rainfall is a new movement designed to get Nintendo to release three JRPGs for the Wii in the U.S., giving us fans one last gasp before the Wii U comes out.

And although my other post on this referred to The Last Story, the first focus in OpRain's campaign is Xenoblade Chronicles, and the way they've gone about is particularly fun, by preordering the game (as the then working-title Monado) on Amazon to the point where it enjoyed a brief run as the #1 game sold.

After seeing this clip, I was convinced:



Let's face it, I bought Final Fantasy XIII, a game that really has only looks going for it, and this is just as beautiful, has free-roaming, a combat system where you actually do something besides pushing the X button over and over and use flanking tactics to boot. So I happily preordered. Ball's in your court, Nintendo.

And if you're interested in getting some good games out for the Wii as well, feel free to check Operation Rainfall's blog and click on the Amazon link below...

No comments: