Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

21 July 2006

Tickets, please, stay to your left...

Musical journey time! (courtesy of my Yahoo station)

Belle & Sebastian, "The Wrong Girl" (rating: 50)

One of the good songs on a rather uneven album. Unfortunately, they've only gotten worse...

A-Ha, "Velvet" (rating: 96)

The best A-Ha song I've ever heard...out of the three, and one that was a big Eurohit. I only knew about this song because while I lived in Russia they played the video one day, and I was convinced that it was better than "Take On Me" and one of the best videos ever.

I saw it again not too long ago...and I was wrong. But you can see boobies and Morten's six-pack...

Frank Black & The Catholics, "All My Ghosts" (rating: 60)

A nice harsh song. This album made me think that ol' Charles was ready w/Pixies Mark II. Good one, you got me! The first Catholics album is still the best, but I'm afraid that unless Prince takes him aside and lets him know that just because he writes a song doesn't mean it HAS to be on an album FB will never write another great one.

And what I've heard of his new one has made me say meh...

3rd Bass, "Eye Jammie" (rating: 90)

Hee. Still makes me laugh fourteen years later...

No comments: