Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

19 March 2011

This really happened today...

Driving up Hydraulic Road heading towards the airport, I noticed the usual bunch protesting outside of Planned Parenthood, with the normal obnoxious signs. Being who I am and also reasonably safe from any immediate repercussions, my first impulse, naturally, was to flip them the bird. And so, I did.

"Why did you do that, Daddy?"

Oh wait, that's right, my four-year-old daughter was in the car too.

"Daddy...was waving."
"Waving at who?"
"Oh, I thought I saw someone from work, but it wasn't him."
"That's silly! You're silly, Daddy!"
"Yeah, Daddy's a little embarrassed..."
"It was nice that you waved at him."
"Thanks, honey."

Whew. Gotta watch those impulses...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to invent the "fun king" for my kids once. I'm going to my 'fun kings' job, so I can have a happy 'fun king's' life, and buy some 'fun kings' groceries. Yes I'm the king of fun. that's me"