Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

17 November 2007

I'm coming out of hibernation to call bullshit...

As we all know, the holiday season is upon us, where people of all nations, creeds, and races come together in the spirit of peace and understanding...wait a minute, that was that Coca-Cola commercial they used to play when I was a kid, I meant the season where douchebags like John Gibson and Bill O'Reilly strain like an 80-year-old with an impacted bowel to build up fake outrage and act Hurt and Wounded (TM) that the traditions as they know them no longer exist.

Witness the latest attempt, it didn't surprise me that the whole banning of "ho,ho,ho" in Austrailia story was a wash, because it sounded ridiculous in the first place. When I first heard the story, I was like Whitney with her cocaine receipts; show me the complaint, show me the person who was actually arguing that "ho,ho,ho" was offensive.

Still waiting...

Because anyone who would actually complain about this would be either 1) batshit insane, and therefore easy to ignore, or 2) a plant doing an impression of a mid-90s PC zealot, which are as rare these days as a Democratic senator with a spine.

Here's Nevsky's Rule of Political Correctness: since 1995, people who complain about political correctness have been more annoying than political correctness itself. What these people usually want is what they inaccurately perceive as their (insert deity here)-given right to be assholes, which is why Gibson and O'Reilly are their patron saints.

My advice, free of charge: Chill the fuck out, and go pop in the Grinch DVD...

No comments: