Cafepress

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

03 September 2006

Wow, what an asshole.

I was looking a bit more at some of the comments President Bush made in Tennessee, and I thought I'd share them w/you. The statements in bold are straight off his transcript.


You know, right after September the 11th, I knew that one of my challenges would be to remind the American people about the dangers of the world.


Funny how these reminders tend to occur near the end of an election cycle. Don't forget to remind them the man who perpetuated these attacks is still free (as is the anthrax killer, for that matter).

I knew that the natural tendency for our country would be to hope that the lessons of September the 11th would be faded memory.

I'd like to see him try this line when he visits New York next week, I have a feeling it would go over as well as Daffy Duck with his trained pigeons. Perhaps his memory is fading, since his government cut homeland security funding to NYC because, according to them, there weren't any potential targets in the city.

I think it makes sense to send somebody up to Washington who's not a lawyer.

You'd think he'd want someone who knew how to get a warrant.

[Regarding No Child Left Behind]And I understand people say, well, we don't like that, we don't like to be measured, we don't want there to be accountability.

Oh, for Pete's sake, NO ONE SAYS THIS. Can't you dream up better strawmen? How hard is it to say, "Parents are tired of bumping up against bureaucracy when they want to know who are teaching their children?" At least that bullshit doesn't insult their intelligence. Lucretius, you're a teacher, do you guys stand around in the lounge during break saying "Phew, I'm glad I wasn't held accountable today!"

You know, recently I was just right down the road here with the Prime Minister of Japan, and he and I went to Graceland. (Laughter.) It was an interesting moment. (Laughter.) I chose to take my friend, Prime Minister Koizumi, there -- one, I had never been there. (Laughter.) So it was a little selfish. Secondly, he's an Elvis fan, he loved Elvis. And I thought it would be fun to take him there. Thirdly, I wanted to send a message to the American people. Imagine somebody in the late '40s saying, one of these days an American President will be taking a Prime Minister from Japan to the home of a famous singer. You know, right after that war, you can imagine what the reaction would have been -- the guy is off his rocker. (Laughter.)

I'll be kind and assume not all that laughter was with him...

The leader of the free world, everyone! That's not even halfway through the transcript, btw, but I can't take it anymore...

No comments: